Every business is different and a key part of launching/growing your business is to find what works and develop a scalable model - and it all starts with asking the right questions. When I sit with my clients, they are very appreciative about the questions I ask:
- Audience: Do you really understand your audience? Their needs and behavior? Their daily challenges?
- Value: How do your products/services address those needs and solve the challenges? What value do they provide? (not features!)
- Objectives: What are your business objectives - in numbers? Can you actually measure those? (Note: You can only manage what you measure!)
- Strategy: What’s your (go-to-market) marketing strategy? Is it aligned with your business objectives? Is the whole team aligned around this strategy?
- Story: Do you have a compelling story that sells? Why should customers buy your offering versus the competition? What’s your elevator pitch?
- Plan: Do you have a plan in place to execute your strategy? Is it aligned with your business strategy? Does your team know and understand the plan? Is it realistic based on your available resources?
- Success metrics: How to do you measure success? What are the key metrics that drive your business? Do you know them on top of your head?