I have created VC slide decks that answers this question through the following 11 sub questions. The answer to each question becomes a slide. Here you go:
- What customer problem do you solve?
- How does your solution or product solve it?
- How big is the market for this?
- Who is competing with you and why are you better?
- How do you plan to sell your product?
- How do you make money with this?
- When do you expect a return?
- Do you have an experienced management team?
- What are the key mile stones and when will you reach them?
- What do you want to do with our money?
- So, why again should I give you my money?
By answering each question with one slide you should have a nice and short story that you can tell and that VC's will remember. This also means you won't end up with 28 or more slides. Keep it simple, short and compelling.
The goal: Get them interested, get them curious enough to get another meeting.